Nominations open: Monday 21 June 2021
Deadline for nominations: Monday 16 August 2021
Nominations for the 2021 Rising Star Award are now closed.
Submitting a nomination
To nominate, please email a formal nomination letter from the Official Representative or Head of Department to email@example.com.
Nominations must include:
- The nominee’s CV
- A formal nomination letter
An ECPR Rising Star is:
- A current PhD student, or within five years of completing their PhD
- Working or studying at an ECPR Full or Associate Member institution
- Academically involved
- Please include details of current or previous research projects they have participated in, as well as contributions to journals, books, and/or blogs, or demonstrable commitment to teaching
- Socially engaged
- A good networker whose contribution to the profession reaches beyond the academy, to provide benefit to the community and wider society
- Please include details of their involvement in the academic community, within their institution, country and community; examples of public engagement, teaching and general involvement with other associations/events/institutions; and engagement with ECPR events, activities and publications
ECPR will review each application on its own merits and the arguments of the nominator.
- Amy Verdun University of Victoria (Chair)
- David Farrell University College Dublin (Chair of the ECPR Executive Committee)
- Ladislav Cabada Metropolitan University Prague
- Giliberto Capano Bologna University
- Daniela Irrera University of Catania
- Hana Kubátová Charles University
- Tanja Munro Director of the ECPR
Prize announcement and delivery
The winner of the 2021 prize will be announced in November 2021.